"It's the little things in life which make it magical..."

Sunday 29 July 2012

Alphabet Series - "J"



Hello to all my fellow little pinch of fairy dust followers! I know it has been far too long since we have been able to hang-out, and I am very sad for it :( Alas, here we meet again!

I have been meaning to post this artwork for some time now, but time has slipped past at an alarming rate! I can't believe that we are nearing August already!

The works of Shirley Barber were my first exposure to the realm of fairy-art, as a wee four year old. She uses such intricate and beautiful detail in her works, and brings the mysterious world of fairies to life! I love her exquisite butterfly wings, and dresses which drip with gorgeous gold embroidery and transparent sections, reminiscent of lacewings and spiderwebs...

She is also known for her fairy-alphabet, where there was series with a fairy accompanying each letter of the alphabet. I have always loved the idea of making a gift of art personal, thus the concept of incorporating the letter of the recipients' first name is perfect :)

Here is one that I gifted earlier this year which I love. In addition using my friend's first letter, I also modelled the figure's hair on her colour and regular style, and made the dress her favourite colour :)






I hope that you like it, and that it makes up for the absence!

Think about all the little things you can do to make gifting art or baking more personalised... it is easy to remove gift-card guilt by adding a handmade card or even just writing a non-generic message can lift someone's spirits! (I rely on this often!) And if you're a keen baker, I also love the idea of baking something scrumptious, including the recipe and boxing it in lovely packaging :)

Happy Drawing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment