"It's the little things in life which make it magical..."

Monday 14 May 2012

Frosting - Raspberry Cheesecake




I really struggle with making decisions. Even those which are not important in the scheme of things. The same applies to baking. Unless I have discovered a really exciting recipe I want to try, it takes me ages to decide on what to bake, and Friday was no exception.

See, there are two sides of me. The one that wants to create something I’ve never made before, expanding one’s repertoire…and then the side that wants to make something I already know is delish and capable of satisfying the sweets-fairy ever-present on my shoulder...

So although chocolate was calling me (like usual), I went with the experimental side, luckily, because the result was yummo! Another frosting created by yours truly, a lovely raspberry-infused cream cheese creation, atop a cupcake I’ve been meaning to make for a while…and I think I’m gonna be making this recipe a whole lot more! Although it’s not as economical as my go-to 2468 recipe, It. Is. Del-ic-i-ous. 


It’s called the ‘ultimate vanilla cupcake’ by The Cupcake Project, a fun and creative blog dedicated to the art of the cupcake. The texture of this cupcake is wonderfully dense, yet it's not heavy eating. It's like eating pure cake, in all its cakey-goodness : D Albeit butter being delish in baking, it's lovely to enjoy cake-flavoured cake, just to mix things up a bit :) 

Note: When I made this recipe, it made 21 cupcakes (but you could stretch this a little further), and I baked them at 170°C (fan forced) for 17 minutes.


Ingredients (frosts 20-24 cupcakes)

150g Frozen Raspberries (room temperature)
60g Butter (room temperature)
250g Light Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 cup Icing Sugar
1-2 tbs Milk

Method

Puree raspberries with a hand blender.

Push puree through a fine sieve, until you collect as much of the raspberry as you can in a small bowl, with only the seeds remaining in the sieve.

In a large bowl beat butter until smooth.

Add cream cheese, and beat until smooth.

Add puree and beat until fully combined.

Sift in the icing sugar, add some milk, then beat until fully combined. Add additional milk if you want a thinner consistency.

Pipe onto cooled cupcakes, and enjoy!


Notes

Experiment with this frosting to make it your own by adding more puree for a stronger raspberry hit, or additional icing sugar to make it sweeter, or using a little red or pink food colouring, to make a bright-hued frosting for a fun addition to a party dessert table : )

Happy Baking =D


No comments:

Post a Comment