"It's the little things in life which make it magical..."

Monday 5 March 2012

Princess Series - Tommelise

My latest Princess illustration is of Hans Christian Anderson's Thumbelina, Tommelise being her Dutch namesake. 'Tommelise' sounds so much more pretty, don't you think? Actually, I think most words sound better in languages other than your own, like 'bon appetit!' and 'arrivederci!'



I loved watching the animated movie Thumbelina as a kid. Well, love probably doesn't quite cut it, as in I watched it pretty much everyday for about a year when I was four...this is why when watching it recently (for research purposes of course), I sadly knew every single word to those tragically-catchy songs, "...we'll see the universe and dance on Saturn's rings, hold me now and let me be your wings..." : )

This illustration has a much lighter use of watercolour than my previous one's, and I think it looks better for it. What do you think? I was considering attempting 'Tigerlilly' next, but I've also been suggested to try 'Esmerelda'? If you have any brilliant options let me know!

Happy Drawing : )

p.s. The Brownie-cheescake-fudge Pie I made this weekend was ah-maz-ing...but it is still not quite polished, so oh, what a shame, more trials and taste-testing to do!

2 comments:

  1. I've just been through your whole Disney Princess serious and they are absolutely gorgeous drawings. Please do Tigerlily next! She's so cute with her little upturned nose and long braids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for looking and the compliment shez! Tigerlilly was my choice too :D

      Delete